Prof. Dr. Ir. J.W.M. (Han) Van Dijk
Special Professor Law and Governance
MSc Tropical Foresty (Wageningen University), M.A. Anthropology (Utrecht University), PhD Agrciultural and Environmental Sciences (Wageningen University), Working on land tenure, pastoralism, natural resource management and conflicts, land governance in post-conflict situations, state formation, climate change adaptation and health governance
- Natural Resources
- Bush, S. R., P. A. M. van Zwieten, L. Visser, H. van Dijk, R. Bosma, W. F. De Boer and M. Verdegem, 2010, Scenarios for resilient shrimp aquaculture in tropical coastal areas. Ecology and Society 15 (2)
- Tran Thi Phung Ha, Han van Dijk, & Leontine Visser, 2014, Impacts of changes in mangrove forest management practices on forest accessibility and livelihood: A case study in mangrove-shrimp farming system in Ca Mau province, Mekong Delta, Vietnam, Land Use Policy, 36: 89-101
- Neumann, Kathleen, Diana Sietz, Henk Hilderink, Peter Janssen, Marcel Kok, Han van Dijk, 2015, ‘Environmental drivers of human migration in drylands – a spatial picture. Applied Geography, 56: 116-126
More publications by Han here
Major Awards / Achievements / Grants
- Accelerating progress towards attainment of MDG 4 and 5 in Ghana through basic health systems function strengthening. Grant: NWO-WOTRO Integrated Programme. Grant W 07.45.2009.003. Total grant € 800k.
- Connecting micro and macro: bringing case-studies and model-based approaches together in analysing patterns of vulnerability to global environmental change. Grant: NWO-ALW, open programme national partnership Sustainable Earth. Grant NPDA09012. Total grant € 329k.
- Grounding land governance in post-conflict Uganda, Burundi and South Sudan. Grant: NWO-WOTRO Integrated Programme. Grant W 01.67.2009.116. Total grant € 700k (housed at African Studies Centre)
For more information on projects and research Han is involved in click here.